It’s National Travel & Tourism Week and Plano is celebrating a fabulous year thanks to you — our visitors. Whether you were visiting on business at one of our many Fortune 500 companies or here for a weekend getaway experiencing all our shopping, dining and nightlife options, you’ve made an impact and we truly appreciate it.
Plano Tourism Facts:
- $567 million total direct travel spending in Plano in 2014
- 5,540 directly supported jobs
- $50 million generated in state and local tax revenues
- 20% increase in total direct travel spending
- Hotel room revenue up 20.1% over 2014
- Total annual hotel room nights available up 13.5%
- 5 million estimated overnight visitors in Plano in 2015
In celebration, Visit Plano along with the City of Plano debuted Plano’s new 2016 Cameron XL-70 racer hot air balloon named “Excellence”. The reveal celebrates Plano’s rich tradition of hot air ballooning, along with National Travel and Tourism week. The 2016 InTouch Credit Union Plano Balloon Festival marks 37 years of ballooning in Plano and is estimated to bring in close to 95,000 people over the three-day weekend event. See the new 700 pound and 6.5 stories tall balloon for yourself at this year’s Plano Balloon Festival September 23-25 at Oak Point Park & Nature Preserve!