Plano Artfest is back for a second year, but now as a two-day event! The festival begins on Saturday, April 22nd from 5 p.m. to 11 p.m. in McCall Plaza and continues to Sunday the 23rd from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. in Haggard Park. It is a free community event built around artistic inclusiveness, creative curiosities, and cultural connection.
What’s New and What To Expect
- Artisan Lounge: Chill, grab a craft beer, and vape in style in the Artisan Lounge, made possible by the Artisan Vapor Company in Plano.
- Hub Streat Stage: The new food truck experience in downtown, Hub Streat will be providing the musical entertainment on Saturday. Headlining the evening is Black Joe Lewis & The Honeybears!
- The Contemporary DART Exhibit: DART is sponsoring a contemporary art exhibit that will feature installations curated by Dallas artist Joshua King (co-founder of the AURORA festival) and several other installations created by DFW artists.
Sunday, April 23:
- Maker’s Market: Come see some of the finest local craftsmen and artisans in North Texas. Nearly 40 craft vendors will be showcasing their work for sale!
- Chalk It Up: Sponsored by The Vested Group, this free sidewalk chalk mural competition is Plano’s favorite family tradition! Chalk murals are judged by a panel from the Plano Art Association and prizes are awarded to the top three finishers.
- Kids Zone: Bring the whole family out! Some of the entertainment for children will be bounce houses, Kids Chalk It Up, and crafts, and much more!
- Make-It-Take-It Station: Attendees make a piece of art and add to the installation, then take someone else’s art creation home with them. The art piece will be ever changing as people are adding and taking away different art pieces throughout the day.
- Community Stage: The stage will constantly have live performances from local Plano groups! Some of the performers this year will include Plano Symphony Orchestra, Chamberlain Ballet, and more.
- Graffiti Artists: Walk around Haggard Park to see the artists live at work. Artists will be stationed through out the park spray painting on a canvas!
Collin College’s art department will be at the festival on both Saturday and Sunday doing live demonstrations of pottery making and metal pouring art, and will be hosting several interactive public art stations.
We look forward to seeing you this fun-filled weekend in the Downtown Plano Arts District. Come see why Downtown Plano was named one of the Top 10 Best Downtowns in America!
Photo credit: Visit Plano