Planning a trip to the Plano Hot Air Balloon Festival? Want some great insider tips? We’ve got you covered. Watch our two-part video series below with all the deets for an enjoyable visit.
Our in-house veterans love going to the balloon festival and over the years, we’ve compiled so many great tips and tricks for you.
- Weather is a factor! Everything depends on stable weather conditions – especially wind. Watch the forecast and stay tuned to the festival’s social media channels.
- Consider going on Thursday – this opening event gives you a chance to see the first Balloon Glow.
- Friday & Saturday night’s parachute team exhibition and fireworks are always FUN!
- Want to max out your balloon count? Go on Friday or Saturday evening to see the balloons take over the field.
- Crowds are smaller in the morning, generally.
- Bring chairs and blankets – and a flashlight if you are staying for fireworks.
- Consider Prime parking if you want to limit walking. Option two: Plano Event Center is a good offsite choice – it’s just a block from the entrance.
- The Kid’s Fun Zone is worthwhile, especially the inflatables and free Kids Korner.
- You can bring a picnic, but please support local vendors.
- Do not bring pets. Most dogs don’t enjoy the crowds, noise, or fireworks.
- Best time to arrive is 5pm – before the parachute team.
- Tethered rides are GREAT – bring cash, tickets are available on-site only. They are also dependent on the weather, so keep that in mind.
For more information regarding the Plano Balloon Festival, visit planoballoonfest.org.