The big question right now is “how do we successfully have a safe and fun Halloween?”. We can’t let our kiddos down after all they have gone through this year, from missed birthday parties and canceled summer vacations to virtual school and postponed extra curriculars. It’s safe to say we are all looking forward to enjoying this fun spooky season.
Whether you are staying home, safely getting out, or a combination of both, there are a few awesome Halloween events in Plano for you to partake in.
One way to stay home and keep in the Halloween spirit is to join this year’s virtual Apparition Expedition.
On October 16-17, join in on this virtual Zoom tour through paranormal Plano featuring all new locations. Follow us into private homes and historic buildings as we venture into Plano’s past with a few spooky apparitions. Your ticket includes Zoom admission for everyone in your home, plus a tour manifesto with keepsakes that will be mailed to you.
Safe In-Person Events
There are still plenty of events moving forward with in-person Halloween festivities while taking necessary precautions to keep visitors safe. Take a look at these fun events!
Halloween Activities at Home
The CDC recently released a suggested list of low risk Halloween activities. These are great ideas to keep kids in the holiday spirit during these uncertain times.
- Carving or decorating pumpkins with members of your household and displaying them
- Carving or decorating pumpkins outside, at a safe distance, with neighbors or friends
- Decorating your house, apartment, or living space
- Doing a Halloween scavenger hunt where children are given lists of Halloween-themed things to look for while they walk outdoors from house to house admiring Halloween decorations at a distance
- Having a virtual Halloween costume contest
- Having a Halloween movie night with people you live with
- Having a scavenger hunt-style trick-or-treat search with your household members in or around your home rather than going house to house