VISIT PLANO RIGHT REQUESTS
You’re probably here because we loved your photo showcasing Plano on social media and have asked to use it. Below are some FAQ’s regarding rights requests and our terms and conditions.
Click here to read the City of Plano’s Social Media Site Terms & Conditions.
HASHTAG RIGHTS REQUEST TERMS & CONDITIONS
By replying to Visit Plano’s #YesPlano request, you agree to all the terms and conditions in this agreement. Any changes to this agreement shall be made in writing and must be accepted by an authorized representative of Visit Plano.
You must be 18 years of age or older and have the legal right to enter into this agreement. The photo/video submission must be your original work.
You understand and agree that your name and/or username will be publicly displayed. By replying to Visit Plano’s #YesPlano request to participate, you provide Visit Plano with the unlimited, worldwide right to use and share your name and/or username, if possible, with the photo/video on its website, visitplano.com; in all of its social media channels, including both organic posts and paid ads; its printed marketing materials; digital and print ad placements; and other promotional materials of any kind or type.
VISIT PLANO RIGHTS TO USER GENERATED CONTENT
By replying to Visit Plano’s photo rights request with the hashtag #YesPlano, you are agreeing to these Terms and Conditions. You grant Visit Plano and its agents to these Terms and Conditions. You grant Visit Plano and its agents a perpetual, transferable, sublicensable, non-exclusive, worldwide license to (a) use, copy, transmit, distribute, reproduce, modify, create derivative works from, adapt, combine with other ideas or works, publish, translate, publicly perform, publicly broadcast and publicly display your Name and Content (or any modification thereto) in whole or in part, in any format or medium, and (b) use (and permit others to use) your Name and Content in any manner and for any purpose, including without limitation: marketing, advertising, or promotional purposes that Visit Plano or its agents deem appropriate. Visit Plano will have the right, but
not the obligation, to use the Name and Content, as authorized in this Agreement. You agree that you are solely responsible for your Content in which Visit Plano is requesting rights. Visit Plano is not required to use or distribute any Content on its website, on social media, or otherwise, and may remove Content at any time. Visit Plano is not responsible for any misuse of any kind to your Content outside of the organization.
By replying to Visit Plano’s request to grant rights to Content with the hashtag #YesPlano, you represent and warrant the following:
● You are at least 18 years of age, have the legal right to enter into this agreement, and are not impersonating anyone else.
● You own all rights to the Content and to your Name and/or have acquired all necessary rights to the elements appearing in your Content to enable you to grant all the rights to Visit Plano.
● Your Content is original and does not infringe on the copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or any other intellectual property rights of any third party individual entity
● You agree to release and allow all creative license and creative treatment in the use of production of your Content at the discretion of Visit Plano and its agents.
● Any information contained in your Content is not known to or reasonably believed by you to be false, inaccurate, or misleading.
● You will not be compensated by Visit Plano for using your Content or for the use of your Name.
● Your Content does not violate any law.
● You irrevocably release and forever discharge Visit Plano and its agents, affiliated entities, contractors, and third-party providers (“Released Parties”) from any and all actions, claims, damages, liabilities, and demands, whether absolute or contingent and of any nature whatsoever, which you now have or hereafter may have against any of the Released Parties, or their respective successors or assigns, arising out of or related in any way to use of your Name, Content or anything contained therein.
If you want your Content removed from Visit Plano’s website or social media channels, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. After Visit Plano acknowledges receipt of your email request, please allow 30 days for action to be taken, though Visit Plano reserves the right to deny any such request.