- This event has passed.
The Snow Queen presented by Studio 3
November 14, 2021 @ 2:00 pm – 2:30 pm
Studio 3 Dance proudly presents it biennial showcase of the Snow Queen Ballet. The ballet, based on Hans Christian Andersen’s fairy tale of the same name, tells the story of undying friendship between childhood friends through beautiful dance and costumes.
More than 70 Studio 3 dancers began rehearsing in July for two magical performances at the Eisemann Center for Performing Arts in Richardson:
- Saturday, Nov. 13 at 7:00 p.m.
- Sunday, Nov. 14 at 2 p.m.
Tickets are $22 and $18 and can be purchased online through the Eisemann Ticket center or by calling the box office or in the box office lobby. For more information, call the Eisemann Center at 972-964-3838. The Snow Queen performance is approximately 1 hour 30 minutes including one intermission.
Sally Johnson, ballet instructor and former professional ballet dancer, serves at the ballet choreographer and Brenda Wilder, Studio 3 Dance owner, directs the production. In addition to special guest artist Tanner Ryan, a dancer and choreographer based in New York City, accomplished soloists from area high schools are set to dazzle on stage:
- Snow Queen – Catherine Sorrels, Plano Senior High School senior
- Gerda – Amelia Mappus, Ursuline Academy of Dallas sophomore
- Magician – Peyton Bambach, Clark High School sophomore
- Spanish Princess – Emily Trevino, John Paul II High School senior
- Firebird – Madison Smith, Shepton High School freshman
- Indian Princess – Nicole Lee, Shepton High School freshman
- Royal Princess – Nicole Hutchinson, Plano Senior High School junior
- Snowflake Princess – Cara Bade, Vines High School sophomore
“We love this family-friendly ballet,” said Brenda Wilder, Studio 3 Dance Owner and Director. “Our dancers ages 3 through 18 tell this heartwarming story of friendship and commitment. This is Studio 3 Dance’s 7th production of the Snow Queen since our first production in 2010. We love every opportunity we have to share this ballet and our extremely talented dancers with the community.”
About Studio 3 Dance: Studio 3 Dance offers a diverse schedule of dance classes for children ages 18 months and up. Our dancers go beyond technique and poise to develop important life skills – learning to be respectful, confident and conscientious young people. Classes are taught by skilled teachers and costumes and choreography are always age-appropriate. Competition and performance opportunities are available for those interested.