Little Farmer Fridays: Beaks and Bills
May 19 @ 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
Duck into the farm for an egg-citing day all about our favorite birds! Meet the ducks, guinea fowl, turkey, and our friendly, free-range chickens. Children can visit the chicken coop and learn how to grind corn to feed the chickens by hand. We will have story time, hayrides, and games. Visit the historic pole barn and make a cheerio bird feeder to take home to your own backyard birds. It’s going to be an im-peck-able day on the farm!
Little Farmer Fridays is an interactive program designed for preschoolers and their grown-ups. Most appropriate for children ages 2 to 5 years old, our programs offer families the opportunity to read a story, make a craft, meet our livestock, enjoy a wagon ride, and have fun on our 4.5 acre farm.
On each program date, our gates open at 10am for registered guests. Tickets must be purchased in advance so that we can safely manage our attendance for this program.
Stations are open during our two-hour, come-and-go style program and close at noon. After the program is over, guests are welcome to enjoy time on their own until we close at 2pm. Bring a picnic lunch or snack if you like.
- $15 per child
- $5 per adult
- Museum Members get one adult ticket FREE with purchase of a child’s ticket
- Siblings who are under 2 years old and not participating are free
- Visit our Events page to purchase your tickets to one or more programs today!
- Registrations are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis
- Full payment is due at time of registration
- Registration closes the day prior to the program
- All registrations are non- refundable; however, you may request your tickets be transferred to another Little Farmer Fridays event.
- You should receive an email confirmation of your registration. If you do not, please contact our Director of Education at firstname.lastname@example.org
Visitors may park in the attached parking lot or along Pitman Drive. Parking in the Chase Bank parking lot is not allowed during bank hours and violators may be towed. If parking is completely full, proceed to the southside of BT Furnishings.
WEATHER AND CANCELLATION
If a program will be cancelled due to weather, the decision will be made by 8am on the day of the program. You will be notified by email.
Every effort will be made to reschedule the program, and you will be given the option of attending the reschedule date or exchanging your tickets for a future Little Farmer Fridays event within one year of the original program date.
Activities take place outside on our 4.5-acre farmstead. Be prepared for possible muddy conditions if we’ve had recent rain, and in that case, consider wearing boots or old tennis shoes. Please be aware of the weather the day of the event to make sure you and your little one(s) are dressed comfortably for the outdoors.