- This event has passed.
Independence Day Celebration – Farmers Branch – CANCELLED!
July 2 @ 7:30 pm - 10:00 pm
Due to significant concerns about the spread of COVID-19 as well as prohibitions on gatherings of greater than 100 people, the City of Farmers Branch has joined other area cities in making the decision to cancel our July 2 Independence Day fireworks show.
Our annual Independence Day Celebration this year is relocating from the Historical Park to a drive-in experience at the Brookhaven College campus. The event is free to all and has been reimagined to create a safe and fun celebration.
What to Expect
- The main gate will open at 7:30 pm, and the parking lots will be accessed on a first-come/first-serve basis. Once capacity is reached the main entry gate will be closed to incoming vehicle traffic.
- Every other parking space will be coned off to allow for adequate social distancing between vehicles.
- Attendees will be allowed to exit their vehicles and set out chairs in the open parking space adjacent to their vehicle – please maintain social distancing from your neighbors.
- In the interest of public safety and to help mitigate person-to-person contact, the City of Farmers Branch will not provide its typical event entertainment offerings such as a live band or a children’s area. In addition, there will be no food and beverage concessions for sale.
- Patrons are encouraged to pack a cooler with any food or beverage items of their choice (except alcohol; and please do not bring glass bottles) as well as bring a trash bag to collect their trash.
- In contrast to years past at the Historical Park, this program will be a high-level fireworks show that can be viewed from many different locations in the area, not just on the Brookhaven Campus. Be on the lookout for a test shell to be fired at 9:15 p.m. so that spectators can adjust their viewing angle if need be.
- Masks are recommended for this event.
In the interest of public safety, this show and site layout is designed to accommodate attendees who are arriving in and viewing the fireworks by their vehicles. Pedestrian and walk-in viewing is not allowed. Thank you for your cooperation.
PLEASE CHECK WEBSITE FOR MORE IMPORTANT INFORMATION!