- This event has passed.
Heroes Needed Now!
May 9, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
The American Red Cross has an ongoing critical need for blood donations amidst coronavirus uncertainties.
- We greatly appreciate the generosity of the public to help stock hospital shelves for patients in need. But this crisis isn’t over.
- As experts have emphasized, there is no certain end date in this fight against coronavirus and the Red Cross needs the help of blood donors and blood drive hosts to maintain a sufficient blood supply for weeks to come.
Blood drives continue to be canceled at an alarming rate – nearly, 9000 so far – but we continue to urge blood drive hosts to maintain scheduled blood drives whenever possible as we look for new locations where people can give to make up for the more than 250,000 fewer blood donations
We have implemented additional precautions to ensure the safety of our donors and staff, including:
- Checking temperatures of staff and donors before entering a drive to make sure they are healthy.
- Providing hand sanitizer for use before the drive, as well as throughout the donation process.
- Following social distancing between donors including entry, donation and refreshment areas.
- Increasing enhanced disinfecting of surfaces and equipment.
- Emphasizing the importance of appointments to help manage the flow of donors at drives.
McGovern added: “One of the most important things people can do right now during this public health emergency is to give blood. If you are healthy and feeling well, please make an appointment to donate as soon as possible. We understand why people may be hesitant to come out for a blood drive but want to reassure the public that blood donation is a safe process, and that we have put additional precautions in place at our blood drives to protect the health of safety of our donors and staff.”
Saturday, May 9th
9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Lone Star Atrium
3700 Hogge Road
Parker, TX 75002
Please click the links below for information before you donate!
*Photo ID or Red Cross Donor Card required*
Make an Appointment to Donate Blood:
To view available times and to schedule your donation appointment:
Visit www.redcrossblood.org and enter the sponsor code “southfork” CLICK HERE
You can also call 1-800-RedCross to schedule your blood donation appointment or contact BLOOD PROGRAM LEADER.
Pay it forward: Once you make your appointment, ask a friend if they’ll join you in your effort to save lives.
Don’t forget to save time by using RapidPass to complete your pre-donation reading and health history online before you come to your appointment. More info: redcrossblood.org/RapidPass
You can hold the power to save lives in the palm of your hand with the FREE Red Cross Blood Donor App! Text “BLOODAPP” to 90999 or download it from the App StoreSM or the Google PlayTM store today!