- This event has passed.
Dog Days at Legacy West – Postponed from Sept 2020 to the Spring of 2021
September 12, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm$10 – $30
The event has been postponed from Sept 2020 to the Spring of 2021
Come on out for a doggone great family day at the First Annual Dog Days at Legacy West presented by Fur Britches! The event will be held on Saturday, September 12 from 10AM to 4PM. The event is an adventure filled with lots of fun stations for you and your furry friend where you may choose to participate or be entertained along the way!
The day includes Instagram worthy photo stations, demonstrations, contests, and lots of food! Meet other adorable dogs, rescue groups, and vendors that have products and services that cater to your furry friend’s needs. Your dog can run around in our custom-made dog park complete with fire hydrants and grass or enter you and your pet in our costume contest (*) and win amazing prizes. Costume contest categories include: Most Like A Celebrity, Most Creative, Most Hilarious, and Best Owner/Handler Look Alike. Other contests during the day will be the Human Barking Contest and Best Dog Trick.
For those of you who don’t want to enter a contest, you can try your luck with our 50/50 raffle or win awesome gift baskets or services that will be a sure winner for you and your pet’s needs.
This is a free event, but we do have limited VIP tickets available for $30 per person. VIP tickets include entry to the VIP area, exclusive owner/pet swag bag, commemorative Dog Days at Legacy West T-shirt, 1 drink ticket and lite bites at one of the participating Legacy West restaurants.
Gates open at 10AM and the first 200 guests that enter receive a swag bag. Entry into the event is free, but to better prepare, we ask for everyone to register ahead of time or at the door. To participate in the costume contest, we suggest a $10 donation*. 100% of the proceeds will go to 501c3 Platinum Charities’ domestic violence initiative and Legacy Humane Society.
Look forward to seeing you there!
DOG WALK RULES & DETAILS:
- All dogs must be accompanied by a human
- All dogs must be on a leash
- All human participants/walkers must be registered for the event
- You do NOT need a dog to walk in the event
- Children under 14 years old must be accompanied by an adult
COSTUME CONTEST DETAILS:
- Entries must check-in with Event Officials between 2PM and 2:15PM. Contest will begin at 2:30PM.
- Participant’s entry number tag (which will be provided) must be visible to the judges.
- Winners will be announced as soon as the contest is complete.
- Entrants will be judged on costume design, creativity, humor, originality, behavior and charisma.
- Entries cannot win in more than one category. Categories include:
- Most Creative Costume
- Most Like a Celebrity
- Most Hilarious Costume
- Best Owner/Handler Look Alike
10AM – Gates open
12:00PM – Handler demonstration
1:30PM – Best Dog Tricks
2:00PM – Human Barking Contest
2:30PM – Costume Contest
3:00PM – Costume Contest & Raffle winners announced
All day – Vendor Marketplace
All day – Dog Adoption