- This event has passed.
2020 North Texas – Head for the Cure 5K Run/Walk – Virtual!
May 31, 2020 @ 8:00 am - 10:00 am
The Head for the Cure 5K – North Texas is going VIRTUAL!
The mission of Head for the Cure is to raise awareness and funding to inspire hope for the community of brain cancer patients, their families, friends, caregivers and other supporters, while celebrating their courage, spirit and energy.
We accomplish our mission by three endeavors: 1) Building Awareness for a disease that is not widely known and needs advancements in therapy to help patients; 2) Raising Funds through 5K run/walk events and other fundraising events and campaigns to support clinical research and programs; and 3) Igniting Hope for all who have faced this disease.
Date: Sunday, May 31st
Time: 8:00 a.m. CST
Location: Facebook Live!
Event Schedule: TBD
What Is A Virtual 5K?
This interactive event brings the same unique elements of an in-person 5K online to celebrate and remember our loved ones affected by this disease. Featured on Facebook Live, we will host an at-home 5K, share stories from survivors and team captains, recognize the Keeping the Faith and Stevie Patrick Legacy of Love recipients and remember those we’ve lost during our Celebration of Life. Interested in sharing your story for the virtual 5K? Email Courtney@headforthecure.org.
Things to Know:
- Will I Still Get My Shirt and Medal? YES! We will be mailing all shirts and medals to each participant after the race. Please be sure that the address entered when registering is the address you would like your items shipped to. Please note that shipping may be delayed due to shelter-in-place orders.
- How Can You Help? Encourage registrations and donations! Our grants for clinical research and patient programs to UT Southwestern and the Brain Tumor Trials Collaborative come from our race revenue. We can’t make an impact in this fight against brain cancer without YOU!
How to Participate in the Virtual 5K:
Before the 5K:
- Complete Your Own Physical Activity! Go for a run or walk in your neighborhood or on a treadmill, ride a bike, mow the lawn or simply do any physical activity of your choice! Please practice social distancing guidelines.
- Document Your Activity! Snap a selfie to share on Facebook during the virtual event using @headforthecure. We encourage you to wear a Head for the Cure shirt!
- Share the event on Social Media! Spread awareness by inviting friends to attend the Facebook Live event. Share the event on social media and encourage friends, family and coworkers to come together to support a cause that is so important to you.
During the Virtual 5K:
- Join Us on Facebook Live at 8:00 AM on May 31st! We will feature our event on both the North Texas and Head for the Cure Facebook pages.
- Comment & Share! Comment on the live video during the virtual 5K and share what the fight against brain cancer means to you!
- Post Your Selfie! Share the selfie from your workout to the Head for the Cure – North Texas event page and be sure to tag @headforthecure!